Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sausage & Peppers over Basmati Rice


A lovely meal to transition us from summer to fall, methinks. I used whole grain brown basmati rice because I was super sad to see that I ran out of white basmati my body is a temple and I like to honor it with as much fiber as possible.

Ingredients
4 sausages (I used some organic chicken sausage)
1 pepper, cut into medium pieces
1/2 package mushrooms, sliced into medium-sized chunks
1/4 purple onion, sliced into medium pieces
1/4 cup prepared Italian dressing or marinade
2 medium tomatoes, diced into medium pieces
1 cup un-cooked basmati rice

Directions
1. Combine all vegetables except tomatoes & Italian dressing and let it marinate in the fridge for an hour.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Cook/heat sausages in whatever method you prefer (I may have microwaved them, all 1970s-style). Slice.
4. Dump marinated vegetables into skillet over medium-high heat. Saute until veggies softened and even a little charred (10-15 minutes).
5. Add sausage and tomatoes to veggies. Stir.
6. Serve over rice.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment