Friday, January 21, 2011

Hungarian Hot Sausage & Lentil Stoup


Hi, remember me? I'm baaaaaaaack. Sorry for the extended vacay from food blog land, but I've been very busy eating things like processed cheese and endless granola bars. Why, praytell? Because my eggo is preggo, that's why. I'm FINALLY done with morning sickness after a miserable few months, and I'm ready to embrace food and cooking with my arms wide open once more. Might as well start with something healthy and hearty. Good for the growing baby and all that.

First, I'm sorry for using the word stoup. Second, this is one of Husband's favorite meals ever. For me personally, I always like it more than I think I will and the lentil/kale combo makes me feel virtuous.

Find the Rachel Ray recipe found here. My modifications - I usually reduce the sausage to 1 lb or even less, I never have shredded carrots so I just dice them and I usually use the small baby Bella mushrooms rather than the big 'uns.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I was just about to google up some lentil recipes!

    ReplyDelete