Monday, April 18, 2011

Spaghetti al Limone e Basilico (Spaghetti with Lemon & Basil)


This dish has fills the void that had been left after a falling out with Mac & Cheese. Oh, Mac & Cheese, I want to keep you in my life, but you never do good GI things for me. And so, since I love you, I will set you free.

This pasta dish is comfort food, but with a sophisticated edge. And for those that are familiar with Pioneer Woman's Lemon Basil Pasta, it's similar, but I far prefer this one as it's both less shockingly lemony and less heavy on the cream & butter. In fact, this recipe contains no butter and only a smidge of cream. It's creaminess comes from using pasta water and olive oil. So a much healthier option.  Finally, it's toddler & kid approved, which is sort of essential in the Mothership house these days.

Sophisticated bambina eating her spaghetti.

Recipe found here. Only substitution I made was subbing regular fresh onions & garlic for the shallots, since I'm never fancy enough to buy shallots.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I stumbled upon your blog "s" a couple days ago when I was looking up DIY crib rail protectors.. and I have read almost all of your posts in like 3 days.... stalker?...no, don't worry. haha. I am pregnant with my first child and was just fascinated by all of the info you provide.. I feel I learned more in 3 days than I have the whole 28 weeks I have been pregnant. Also, you are a tremendous cook it looks like, and I hope you post more recipies in the future!
    I am part of a collab youtube called The411Mommas.. I just started doing videos, but I really wish I had blogged my pregnancy like you have. Someday I would like to give your blog a shout out on our channel if you would be ok with that? If not.. hey, don't feel bad, I understand! Thanks for the blog, I will continue to follow your journey!! :) -Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie,
    Thanks for the compliment and yes, you can absolutely link to my blog or mention it. Congrats on the baby!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete